What would you like to learn?
The following is a list of workshops and lectures that Erika has taught in the past. However, Erika is available to speak on a wide variety of topics including but not limited to the following:
- Herb Walks and Guided Tours (plant identification, botany, and traditional and modern use of native medicinal plants)
- Goethean Plant Study and Plant Communication
- Medicinal Plants of Ohio and the greater Appalachian Region
- American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius): Growing, Harvesting, the Law, and Medicinal Benefits.
- Medicinal Plant Propagation and Cultivation
- Native Plant Propagation and creating a Pollinator Garden
- Gardening and Landscaping with Medicinal Plants
- Pruning, and Harvesting Medicinal Plants
- Herbal Medicine Making (Tinctures, Salves, Infused Oils)
- Fermentation for Health: How to brew Kombucha and Keifer
- Poisons or Medicines?: Historical and Contemporary use of Poisonous Medicinal Plants
- Cooking with Herbs
- Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- Steam distillation of Hydrosols and Essential Oils
- Essential Oil and Aromatherapy Research Interpretation
- Aromatherapy for Home Health
- Incorporating Essential Oils into your Clinical Practice
- Traditional Western Herbalism Energetics and Philosophy: Elements, Humours, Temperaments, Tissue States
- Physiomedicalism and the American Botanical Movement
- The Therapeutic Model of Physiomedicalism, including modernization of 'Tissue State Model'
- History and Major Players of the Movement
- Clinical Herbal Medicine
- Introduction to Herbal Pharmacology and Herb-Drug Interactions
- The Client-Practitioner Relationship
- Interpretation and Integration of Scientific Research into an Evidence Based Practice Approach
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Materia Medica
- The Effects of Grief on Physical Health
- Advanced Formulation
- Digestive Health and Herbal Therapeutics
- Herbs and the Allergy Season
- Herbalism and Gender Affirmation
- Female Wellness
- PCOS and the Metabolic Syndrome
- Managing the Menopausal Transition
- Herbs during Pregnancy and Labor
Teaching and travel stipends are expected in most situations. If you work for a non-profit or community group with limited resources, Erika is usually willing to waive her speaker fee and only requests reimbursement for travel. Please contact Erika directly to correspond about your event and financial situation. General speaking fee is $100/hr plus travel and accommodation (if necessary).
Erika usually requires 3-6 months notice for major events. If you have a last minute cancellation by another speaker and are looking for someone like Erika to fill in the vacancy, please contact her as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that Spring-Summer are very busy times of the year. The more notice the better...